Arthur D. Gans
Learn more about him right here...
Frank P. Knight and Charles Ziegler were elected President and Vice President.
It was Zeigler who in fact came up with the name, The Demons Club. Early meetings were held at Lafayette Hall and at members home until the finances of the club were stronger.
| THE DEMON'S ORIGINAL CLUBHOUSE |
700 Lafayette Avenue (downtown Baltimore)
The Demons Club was the first magic club in the world to have its own club house and moved in here on September 17, 1917! The Demons met bi-monthly and would occasionally had an open house, welcoming all to come visit and be amazed.
Those early years were of many opportunities and the club progressed rapidly in membership and activities. On March 26th, 1914 the first Demon’s banquet to Howard Thurston, America’s foremost magician, was held.
The officers for that memorable year were:
Arch Demon Supreme
Honorary Arch Demon Supreme
Thomas C. Worthington Jr
Vice Arch Demon
Charles Fulton Oursler
and Demon Scribe and Treasury Imp Louis Smith (see below)
| THE DEMONS CLUB |
Wearing their red and horned Imp caps
(left to right)
Woben Smith, George Most, Ed Yeyl, Louis "Imp" Smith, Harry Watkins, Seymour Ziegler and Joe Bruno.